What would you like to learn from the Stan Winston School?

124»

Comments

• Other (tell us in the comments!)
    Ventriloquist dummy with all the popular puppet mechanisms. Like self centering moving eyes, moving eye brows, eye blinks, moving mouth, mouth sneer, tongue sticks out, moving ears and nose. Go from sculpting a puppets head, feet and hands. Molding and casting to installing mechanisms to painting and installing hair. 
  • Ashley BosworthAshley Bosworth Massachusetts
    Other (tell us in the comments!)
    In the teeth making tutorial with John Cherevka, you guys were talking about doing a Walking Dead zombie with the exposed teeth and how you would do that on the model. That would be dope if you showed how to go about that!
    I say other because it's most all the categories, the least being makeup. Technically, I do "puppets" but I have little experience and desire in the rod puppet category with the exception of the mechanics for the more advanced types. I do more of the Micheal Curry Broadway type. I've just started watching the classes here and absolutely loved the 3-axis neck class. Im just starting to incorporate electronics into my stuff. Most everything I've done so far has been rods, cables, and other mechanical stuff but I'm eager to start working with servos and Arduino. I love the mechanical, fabrication (foam, wood, metals, plastics)  I love the world of casting and molding, but my sculpting is a little weak. I need to get better at design, which goes hand in hand with developing my ability to draw. I also want to improve my painting of both props and puppets. The robot suit y'all did with Wired and legacy is right up my alley. I could keep going, but basically this is why I'm here. I'm the one stop shop for unique, special, difficult, intricate and complicated things in the Logos Theatre and SWSCA is the next best step for me to grow myself, my department, and what we produce. 
    i would love to learn more on bladders both air and blood, ive such a fun foundation id love to have more tools in my pocket
    I really like the new silicone mask molding videos. I would like to see videos of them patching, painting, and adding hair and fur to their silicone mask. 

• shankerxdhanush@gmail.com[email protected] texas
    edited September 16
    I've learned quite a bit from the on-line courses already! I am currently working (prelim stages) on a large Dragon (head & neck base is about 6 1/2'). The smaller movements seem pretty straight forward, but the larger ones are proving to be difficult. I've done quite a bit of it on parade floats and Halloween haunts, but so far everything has been full in & out movement with no subtleties. get-mxplayer.in
    Post edited by [email protected] on