Wendigo Sculpture

My first submission to the contest!; this is my sculpture of a Wendigo. I loved working on this one, he gives me the creeps.. I really focused on building his anatomy and tried to give the sculpture a sense of movement! I'd love to make a 1:1 scale silicone bust of him one day 😁

He stands about 20cm tall (from the bottom of the base to the tip of the horns), I sculpted him in Monster clay, moulded in silicone and cast in resin. The paint work was achieved using diluted acrylics. I haven't used any post editing on the photograph, it was just achieved with nice lighting!

Post edited by Creaturehut on

Comments

• He’s awesome! 
  • edited April 2018
    @Megan KorvusKorpus Thank you!  :)
    Post edited by Creaturehut on
  • It's amazing. Great job!
  • @Jamie Robert Swimm thank you so much!
  • edited April 2018
    Killer design @Creaturehut really dig this maquette wonderful design how long did it take to create?
  • @Jonathan Stewart-wood Thank you! :) I sculpted a couple of sketchy versions over a few days alongside other projects, but once I knew the design direction I sculpted it over the course of two and a half days - there was a little bit of work to build the registration for the horns. The moulding was a couple hours work along with the casting (the horns were challenging!), but the painting was quick and took about an hour :) 
  • edited April 2018
    @Creaturehut Well really great work it paid off I too did a wendigo maquette there are some pictures here on sws creature contest forum yours blows mine away though :)
  • @Jonathan Stewart-wood Thanks! That's so kind of you to say!, Couldn't find your wendigo in the contest, you'll have to link it! love the Onglewomp though, he's got a wicked skin texture 😁
  • Nice, do it again on zbrush Photoshop.
  • Kai RottmannKai Rottmann ✭✭✭✭
    It looks very cool. I like its charakter and dynamic pose *thumbup*
  • @Lee Pearson Thanks! Maybe one day! :) 
  • @Kai Rottmann Thank you, that's much appreciated! It was tricky to find a pose that wasn't too complex to mould and cast! (without a pressure chamber)
  • Lee PearsonLee Pearson ✭✭✭
    Thanks mate good luck on the compition..itsbeen it hard for me as well buying all the digital equipment ..good luck
    I had over 296 views so far..
  • @Lee Pearson Good luck to you too! and that's great stuff, well done! :smiley:
    Thanks mate, good luck for you 😎
    Just let to remind you ,nowadays most monsters are designed on digital/Photoshop..my designs took me about , half an hour. It's great fun..I did my final design watching jaws 3 last. I hope you like my stuff, Arron Sims creative added me Instagram in 2 years ago..off to have an summer break. Good luck with your stuff... really good sculpture.
    Hey Creaturehut,
    which resin did you use for the cast?
    It looks nice translucent :)
  • @Kai Rottmann It was smooth-on 325, I think it's called colour match?, it's been tinted with a custom mixed pigment though :)

Although, I found that resin a bit too viscous for slush casting and have since moved on to 'Easy flo clear' and find it much easier to work with; has the same colour properties but flows much nicer. 
    @Creaturehut thanks for answering :-)

Aahh okay. I had the SO- 320 which is slightly bonish- coloured, but i will try that SO- 325 with pigments on my next project :-)
    I am looking for the right resin to create translucent skin colours for some weeks now xD

I would love to try out the easyflo- resins, but i have no chance to get it here in Germany xD

Greets
  • chrischris ✭✭
    Love this guy ever since I saw him on insta :) good luck in the contest! 
  • @chris thank you so much 😁 you too!