Options

Getting younger

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited April 13
    Hmm... If I had a good answer for this one I would not wear a hat all the time! 

Pros-aide could work as a stronger alternative for the hairspray to hold the new hairline, though as you mentioned removal would be a lot of work.  To help with removal you could try PPI Telesis Super Solv gel.   I love Supr Solv for removing pros-aide, and the gel version is nice because you can let it sit for a while to help break the adhesive down.   That said, I've not worked much with pros-aid in the hair, but as long as you don't go too heavy with the adhesive and are patient with the removal it should be fine.  I know folks use pros-aide and bondo (thickened pros-aide to cover eyebrows, so there's that.

But if you got hairspray to work, that might be less effort overall. 

I know for thinning hair you can paint the scalp or even use a flocking-like product to add more body, but moving the hairline without a small lace appliance or laying hair is a real challenge.  You seem to have made great progress there though! 

/Chris

• Options
    Hmm... If I had a good answer for this one I would not wear a hat all the time! 

Pros-aide could work as a stronger alternative for the hairspray to hold the new hairline, though as you mentioned removal would be a lot of work.  To help with removal you could try PPI Telesis Super Solv gel.   I love Supr Solv for removing pros-aide, and the gel version is nice because you can let it sit for a while to help break the adhesive down.   That said, I've not worked much with pros-aid in the hair, but as long as you don't go too heavy with the adhesive and are patient with the removal it should be fine.  I know folks use pros-aide and bondo (thickened pros-aide to cover eyebrows, so there's that.

But if you got hairspray to work, that might be less effort overall. 

I know for thinning hair you can paint the scalp or even use a flocking-like product to add more body, but moving the hairline without a small lace appliance or laying hair is a real challenge.  You seem to have made great progress there though! 

/Chris

Thank you. I will experiment with both the flocking and the pros-aide with the gel solvent. I think the comb forward requires the flocking regardless of method of attachment, pros-aide or hairspray. The skin beneath really shows through like a beacon.

I can be smart about the trials and use the extreme ends of my hair rather than the mid points like used in the actual comb forward. I have been having some success with wig pieces for sideburns and mustache so I think my next big test is receding hairline fillers without a full wig or cap. But seeing what might be possible with this comb forward, i must play a little before I move on.
  • Options
    And you have a great point with the encapsulated eyebrows, it obviously does release so it is just a matter of process and patience.