What's On Your Workbench? (Summer 2022)

We love seeing current projects from our community members.  Sharing your work on our forums not only gets your work seen by a large audience but also motivates and inspires other artists.  We may even feature some of your projects on our social media!

You can either share images and videos below as comments on this discussion or post your own discussion with your work.  So don't be shy, show us what you've got!

What's On Your Workbench?

Comments

• Not quite done, but it's a 1:1 endoskull build (printed, aluminum, and steel components, plus LED's) with articulated neck, semi-functional mouth and neck pistons (including ball and socket joints at the top of the neck pistons). Should be done by the weekend- going to touch up the teeth a smidge, and adding the final LED's into the eyes. Figure this is the first project I've done that I thought was close enough to the quality of things I've seen on these forums :-) 
  • Darrell GreenDarrell Green ✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    First, the applause for the Terminator work, above. Pro level work for sure @DragonWorkshop . And now for my buttons.... :)  I am moving forward, painfully slowly on my current cosplay project, Will Turner, from the reunion scene at the end of Dead Men Tell No Tales. But here is my first step toward success. First, the inspiration pic of the onscreen button and then mine, not yet painted.

Then mine...

Hope to have this done before the thread changes to Spring 2023 workbench.... and yes, I obssessed over the buttons but am still wide open to suggestions. This set is specific to the one scene as continuity is somewhat broken from previous costumes for the character, but it has been movie plot plus ten years so changes are expected.
    Post edited by Darrell Green on
  • First time posting but just sharing this little project im doing its a silicone mask i was inspired by The Thing movies i love the first movie probably one of the best horrors of all time.  I did have a facebook page with my work on there but unfortunately facebook have removed it.  It was called Balsdons fx i have made quite a lot of silicone masks over the years. 
    Anyway this is what im working on at the moment.
    The eyes are a little to big for the bottom head im going to order some smaller ones.  Also there are loads of small tentacles to make for this and hair punching and still paint to do but i will get around to finish it soon.

• Working on molding and making a latex mask for this sculpt I have for a Halloween haunt I'm acting in!
  • Hey fellow artists! I am pleased to be able to share my current work with you. With moving to a new house, and setting up shop, I wanted to have some finished projects to display. An escape room company commissioned me for props, faux finishes, and the sculpture faces that represented each room. They only needed the sculptures, but later gave me the molds to make my own copies. Here is a pirate face, sculpted to look like a wood carving. I will include pics from my painting process. Thanks for checking it out, and I will post more as I complete them. Cheers!

These last three pics are of the finished painting.

And this is what they painted for the escape room.

• I am new to all this. Started out randomly wanting a dinosaur costume for something at church and did some research online. Found some websites helpful and just kinda guessed the rest. Scrapped some redid some and finished my first project over the summer. Learned a lot. But I think I am hooked. 
  • @Cmc that was a pretty astounding learning curve, great dino!!!
  • Currently on my work bench is this " Lake Leviathan" piece made from super sculpey.
    It is in progress but will be adding additional features like a stylized fishing dock/pier diorama and fisher boy to accompany and bring the scene to life. Intended to submit into the 2022 character sculpting contest but ran out of time. Anyway, Having fun with this one!