What's On Your Workbench? (Winter '21-'22)

edited January 2022 in General
We love seeing current projects from our community members.  Sharing your work on our forums not only gets your work seen by a large audience but also motivates and inspires other artists.  We may even feature some of your projects on our social media!
You can either share images and videos below as comments on this discussion or post your own discussion with your work.  So don't be shy, show us what you've got!

What's On Your Workbench?

Post edited by Matt Winston on

Comments

• My wife and I are restarting the video started a few years ago. We found a "cat free zone" to shoot this winter. Got the set out for repair and fluffing up!
  • They are adorable!  I like to think of crafting with cats around as "advanced mode."

/Chris
  • Cat's are great until they're not! Cat hair on the set. Cat hair on the lens. Cat's on the set! I think we will be more productive without Cat's on the set.
  • My current project is another cosplay build: Dicaprio's Hugh Glass role in Revenant. This is my initiation to injury makeup. Some facial hair work and other touch ups including the perspiration ice in the facial hair. I am still working out the Grizzly hide and have some further tweaks now that I have begun to use this split photo method to pinpoint differences but am happy with the progress so far.
  •  Ive been making infinite head pottery for a few years now, but I'm just learning to make them talk/animate as the head spins, and figuring out how build bodies for them... the guns are pipes that I make and want to develop a cartoon and a game around because I'm terrified of someone getting shot if I sell them without starting discussions about their use and display... and the mug pile to the left is the day to day stuff that I'm always making. Sometime this year I want to make infinite face masks to wear, and create some of them as marionettes and puppets.  These initial creations will likely become fountains, though they already work as planters, I'm not done with them.  Hopefully this year I will also make silicone mouthed versions of the gun that articulate from o shaped through a line and into a smile by pressing the trigger and bonus points for making the eyes track left and right or cross... In my mind they will star in an unsanctioned sister project to cars, called 'guns'...
  • Designing my own Evil Dead Naturum Demento design.  It’s what I wish we had in the remake.
  • An update!  I decided to get rid of the face as it looks like a twisted fairy tale book.  I made it less pronounced!
  • Vampire bat, it’s a rehaul of a cheap latex prop. (I’ll still add irises probably and a finish)  I’ve also attached how it looked before