Options

Harold the Scarecrow -Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark-

Hello I'm part of "The Weekend Monsters" a group of artists who banded together and formed an atelier to practice our passions and realize projects and makeups, we do not make our living out of this, but it's what we love to do so we do it on weekends (hence the name), last year we were lucky enough to get a commission to recreate 2 full suits of Harold the Scarecrow from the movie Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark for the promotion of the movie in the cinemas in Costa Rica and Panama. We had only the trailer and posters as reference to recreate the character, but the client and ourselves were quite satisfied with the product. I was the art director of the project and was in charge of the sculpting, molding, painting and finishing of the latex masks. Here some pics of the process and final product. Hope you like them!

Comments

• Options
    Fantastic work!  I love how your mask turned out.  I wonder if the original character designers picked that shirt as a tribute to Beetlejuice.

Your group sounds amazing. It's awesome that you are able to get together and build such cool stuff!

/Chris
  • Options
    Thanks for your kind words Chris! Yes we did get together every weekend before the Covid-19 and expect to keep doing it after, it's a bit hard for the lack of materials in Costa Rica, but we can grow more and go further as a group, its really exciting!