Videos won't play on my phone

Hi,
I signed up for the 7 day free trial 3 days ago and have been watching the pathway courses on my computer fine but as soon as I try to on my Google Pixel 3XL, it comes up with a media loading error - file cannot be played. I have tried clearing my cookies/cache and have even tried multiple different browsers, all with the same effect. Is this a known problem with a fix or just me?
Screenshot of error attached for reference :smile:

Thanks!

Answers

• Hi HellFireVixen,

Our web team is looking into why you're having trouble viewing courses on your phone and we'll let you know as soon as we have some resolution. In the meantime, I hope you enjoy watching our courses on your computer!

Thanks for your patience,

Matt
  • Hi I'm having the same problem with my phone. I can watch the introduction to pathways at the top of the page. But when I enroll on one I receive this error message too. 
    I'm using Chrome on a Huawei phone.
    Please help, thanks. 
  • Hi Aaron,

Thanks for letting us know.  We'll add your information to the report on this issue.  The team is hard at work to get playback working on all mobile devices.

Thanks again,

/Chris
  • Hey HellFireVixen and AaronM,

Just letting you know that our web team is still working on this issue. We'll let you know as soon as everything is resolved. Thanks for your patience.

Have a great weekend,

Matt
  • No worries Chris and Matt, thanks for your reply, I look forward to the issue being solved :smile:
  • Hey again HellFireVixen and AaronM,

We haven't forgotten about you. This issue is still being worked on. We'll continue to keep you in the loop on our progress and hopefully get this figured out soon!

Thanks again for your patience,

Matt
  • Hey again HellFireVixen and AaronM,

Just checking in to reassure you that this issue is still being worked on.

We'll let you know as we have confirmation from our web dev team that all is well.

Thanks again!

Matt
  • Happy Monday, HellFireVixen and AaronM,

We've finally isolated an issue that seems to be affecting mobile playback in some devices. We're going to be doing an upgrade on our JW Player soon and that should hopefully solve the problem you were both having. I will let you know once the upgrade is complete so you can try again.

Thanks again for your superhuman patience!

Matt

• Thanks Matt, you're a legend! 
  • Matt WinstonMatt Winston Admin
    edited March 2020
    Hey HellFireVIxen and AaronM,

Our web team has just completed an update on our video player and this should solve the issue you were both having watching courses on your phone.

To confirm it's working, please try to view any course on mobile. If the course still won't play, please clear your cache and try again.

Thanks again for your amazing patience while we've been troubleshooting this for you.

Matt
    Post edited by Matt Winston on