Week One Assignment Image Gallery/Weekly Recordings

2»

Comments

• Ted what size pvc would you suggest I use for the legs? I have some 3/4 but if you think that will not work I can get whatever size.
  • All I can say is WOW! Everyone seems to be grasping foam fab fantastically. Keep up the good work. I'm looking forward to talking to you all tomorrow.
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bVm0dGnBk4 
    This is video of my creature rig walk cycle. I have also included some pics of the progress.
  • Troy, you've taken on an incredibly ambitious project and I think you're doing an incredible job. The video test is quite impressive. I think that when you sculpt your legs, they should be done slightly more extended than they would when just relaxed. That way the foam acts as the return devise.
  • Good advice Ted. Thanks
  • So this is the torso so far. The arm and leg muscle will be going on under amour, and the digilegs will have their separate foam pieces. And I haven't sculpted the head yet because am thinking we are gonna work on that in class tomorrow.Forgive me for being late, I have college classes also:/...
  • looking good Justin.
  • Justin, it looks like you're coming along nicely. Good grasp on the pattern making. The chest and abs do seem a bit rough. I think you could have, and still could, flip those shapes. Meaning when you bevel cut the foam and apply it to the body, you do it bevel cut down. Not up. That way you are left with a smooth shape. It looks like that's what you did on back. That looks nice and smooth. You can still refine those shapes by also using the dragon skin I talked about or even scissors. It will just take time. But it is looking very good. Keep it up!!
  •  I realized I am way behind deciding to join last Saturday and not being prepared then. I had just picked a guy out of my sketchbook originally and decided I really hated him after thinking of putting him together. This is my official maquette that I'll be working on. Not sure how I'm gonna pattern the arms.
  • Here's a better angle. The arms are wrapped tentacles and the body is gonna be mostly l200 armor with detail attachments to be determined. The eye's will blink and the tentacles on top are gonna wiggle. The head's gonna have a ming the merciless metal skull cap.
  • I'm sure Ted will give you direction but I would think you would sart with the basic shapes to start and build it up with upholstry foam.
  • Awesome job everyone! So I finished the main foam pieces. Whew!
  • Looking good Tom.
This discussion has been closed.