sculpt WIP

2»

Comments

• Oooh~ Did you cast yet? Really curious to know how a softer silicone will act. I ended up using Mold Star 20, since I had a pint kit in stock.
  • Yea I casted the pieces, infortunately I didn't get any silicone pigment in time soooo I'll have to make up for that somehow. I got a lil cocky and thought I could substitute oil paint as a pigment but alas, it didn't work. So now I'll be using these. Oh well live and learn.
  • Sorry I'm so late with these pics guys. I'm really curious to see what you all think.

• After I took these picturers I did soften them further with lighter fluid (couldn't find Naptha for the life of me). I'll post my pics of my casting process soon. I unfortunately just realised that my leftover Platsil, leftover from a previous job, is pre-cloured. So my silicone won't be clear! :(
  • Hey Rosanna!
    The pieces look great, got some good forms going there, goodluck with the casting phase!
  • I really like the pieces Rosanna! Nice lines and skin direction. Looking forward to seeing the finished applications of everybody's pieces!

Collier, did the platinum silicone set up OK in a tin mold?
  • Hey Mike, yes they cured fine, why do you ask? Is there any inhibition problems i didn't know about? O-o lol
  • Hey Collier, the rule that I have always heard is that you can cast tin silicones into platinum silicones, but you can get cure inhibition issues by pouring platinum silicone into a tin silicone mold. There are products like inhibit X that create a barrier between the tin and platinum so it can cure, but maybe the baldiez vinyl is enough of a barrier for the platinum silicone to cure.
    Looking at the mold pics, it looks like these are 1 piece molds, and there isn't a second "mother mold" to use to apply the prosthetics, or are these pulled out of the larger mold? It doesn't look like you have any flashing edge, so the only flat area to drag the scraper across is on the blending edge. It might cause the scraper to scrape the excess silicone unevenly across the flat mold. I attached a pic to show what I mean.
    mold.jpg 332.4K
  • Hey Mike,

Yea I just had a good release of Vaseline and baldiez so I don't seem to have any issues. But no I don't have a mother mold and as far as I saw the wasn't much unevenness. But thanks Mike I'll keep that in mind for future molds!
  • Your pieces look amazing, Rosanna. Wonderful forms and textures.

I'm currently making my molds tonight and then casting the appliances.  Application day is tomorrow! ;)
  • Thank you guys for your feedback about my sculpt. I'm having a ball doing this!!! Kaomi, application day is tomorrow for me also!!! Good Luck!

Today was making of the appliances. My first cast was a failure. My Baldies was too thin and the Silicone set up before I had a chance to go around the edges with a cotton tip to remove the wet silicone. So by the time I got to it, it was all tacky and my edges turned out really thick because I didn't have the Baldies layer. So I'm doing it again tomorrow. On application day.
  • Well, I ran out of silicone, so no application for me today. I barely had enough to make my molds and I made them as small as I could around my pieces. I've ordered more and asked for an extension on the homework, but I'm out of town for work most of this coming week. So, we'll see...
  • Got snowed in at my grandparents so the same with me, no application today for me either.