Glam Xenomorph Queen
I created this for a cosplay catwalk inspired in the MET Gala dresses so I did a glamourous version of the Xenomorph Queen, very chic for a good Halloween outfit🤣:
-I made a long black faux leather skirt and belt with lots of beads and strass (assembled and sewed one by one by hand). 2 long black sleeves and 2 black gloves with metallic long nails.
-For the general impression of the costume I was inspired by Akasha's outfit from the movie "Queen of the Damned". I thought it was a very adequate inspiration as well😆.
-I built a "floating bra" with foam, foam clay and corrugated tubes. Texture was done with lots of tissue paper and wood glue. Attachment method with a silicone basic bra under the covers.
-The Queen's crown and head was made out of cardboard for the basic shape, lots of foam clay, corrugated pipes and texture with tissue paper and wood glue.
-Once all finished and dry: basic black vinyl primer and weathering with metallic blue paint. Also, a lot of strass and some beads were added everywhere for the glam look.
-I did a dettachable semitransparent dome for my face with a motorbike windshield and magnets.
-The spine was 3D printed and later painted.
-I wanted a cool effect for the Queen's back spikes so I built them of 10mm light foam and attached them using neodimium magnets directly on my skin and using a very strong adhesive (and transparent) medical dressing. They really looked like part of my back.
-Finally, I built a little complement for the Queen: a foam clay facehugger egg with lights.
I am sure it's not the most professional nor spectacular or complex costume but I wanted to show y'all about it because I am quite proud of my lil' tribute to Stan Winston's amazing Xeno queen design and wanted to enter the contest. A proof that you don't need too much budget to create a cool costume.
Thank u!🫶🫶
U can see the process (not in HR photos tho so that's why I didn't put them here) in my insta profile. @ancalagon.arts.











-I made a long black faux leather skirt and belt with lots of beads and strass (assembled and sewed one by one by hand). 2 long black sleeves and 2 black gloves with metallic long nails.
-For the general impression of the costume I was inspired by Akasha's outfit from the movie "Queen of the Damned". I thought it was a very adequate inspiration as well😆.
-I built a "floating bra" with foam, foam clay and corrugated tubes. Texture was done with lots of tissue paper and wood glue. Attachment method with a silicone basic bra under the covers.
-The Queen's crown and head was made out of cardboard for the basic shape, lots of foam clay, corrugated pipes and texture with tissue paper and wood glue.
-Once all finished and dry: basic black vinyl primer and weathering with metallic blue paint. Also, a lot of strass and some beads were added everywhere for the glam look.
-I did a dettachable semitransparent dome for my face with a motorbike windshield and magnets.
-The spine was 3D printed and later painted.
-I wanted a cool effect for the Queen's back spikes so I built them of 10mm light foam and attached them using neodimium magnets directly on my skin and using a very strong adhesive (and transparent) medical dressing. They really looked like part of my back.
-Finally, I built a little complement for the Queen: a foam clay facehugger egg with lights.
I am sure it's not the most professional nor spectacular or complex costume but I wanted to show y'all about it because I am quite proud of my lil' tribute to Stan Winston's amazing Xeno queen design and wanted to enter the contest. A proof that you don't need too much budget to create a cool costume.
Thank u!🫶🫶
U can see the process (not in HR photos tho so that's why I didn't put them here) in my insta profile. @ancalagon.arts.











1