The Grinch – How the Grinch Stole Christmas (2000) Costume Replica
Nathan
✭
Hi! Here is my handmade Grinch costume, inspired by How the Grinch Stole Christmas (2000).
For this project, I created the different character elements myself, including the head and mask, hands, feet, fur work, the different costume pieces, and the finishing details. I used a variety of techniques throughout the build, including sculpting, molding and casting, painting, sewing, fur work, fabrication, and dyeing.
I spent a lot of time studying reference images from the film so I could recreate the character as accurately as possible, paying close attention to the proportions, facial features, colors, textures, hairstyle, and overall silhouette.
I’m including photos of the finished Grinch costume, along with several images from the fabrication process to show how the different elements were created and assembled.
Mask on 👇
https://youtube.com/shorts/Gi0Mt3XxS-A?si=GX1LNL4QTC5tsz4i
Full suit on 👇
https://youtu.be/yshjdo-x95U?si=g1aFyzf-JvpZfVo3
de

















Mask on 👇
https://youtube.com/shorts/Gi0Mt3XxS-A?si=GX1LNL4QTC5tsz4i
Full suit on 👇
https://youtu.be/yshjdo-x95U?si=g1aFyzf-JvpZfVo3
de

















0