Options

What's On Your Workbench? (Summer 2024)

We love seeing current projects from our community members.  Sharing your work on our forums not only gets your work seen by a large audience but also motivates and inspires other artists.  We may even feature some of your projects on our social media!

You can either share images and videos below as comments on this discussion or post your own discussion with your work.  So don't be shy, show us what you've got!

What's On Your Workbench?

Comments

• Options
    I have 2 costumes I'm currently working on for DragonCon in 2 months: The Horned King from The Black Cauldron and Sully the cyclops from Tiny Tina's Wonderlands game. Sculpting, molding, foam fabrication, sewing.... what can't you learn here at the SWSCA?

• Options
    Darrell GreenDarrell Green ✭✭✭
    Matt Lott said:
    I have 2 costumes I'm currently working on for DragonCon in 2 months: The Horned King from The Black Cauldron and Sully the cyclops from Tiny Tina's Wonderlands game. Sculpting, molding, foam fabrication, sewing.... what can't you learn here at the SWSCA?

The Horned King lives!!. Looking good. With LEDs the intensity they are now, it might be quite possible to make the bright sword Dyrnwyn. 
  • Options
    Darrell GreenDarrell Green ✭✭✭
    edited July 7
    I will post more detail in the actual thread on my Bard the Bowman build but for workbench, I have been working with the mastiha exercise gum for the jawline, shaping eyebrows and working on hair color but, most of all, I have been working on the world's greatest comb over. Using my own hair as a glue on additive (still attached, still growing), I have been working on reshaping my hairline to match Bard. I ended up creating a contact adhesive process (using hairspray) prior to sculpting and styling.Two days back, I finally got the desired shape. I took a quick pic and overlaid a split face of Luke Evans. It was finally good enough so I rushed to get into costume before the sun set. Here is, in order, my hairline, my dirty bathroom mirror split face comp with Luke Evans and the outside shot with final hair styling. This will be a pretty strong repeat of a previous pose post but this one is final. All effects, costume and props complete (full thread, not yet updated, is here on forums and on therpf.com "bard the bowman impersonation cosplay costume"):

• Options
    I've been working through the Chiodo Brothers Stop Motion Puppet making series. Just finished this guy this week. 
    Next is the Monster Garage Creature series. can't wait to see what comes out of that one!

• Options
    Working on prosthetics and teeth to turn some people into Clickers and other infected from The Last of US for an event coming up, also working on some corpse props and other prosthetics for a short film :) 

• Options
    @Mike McCoy I just gotta know, brother, are we still eating ramen from this microwave?