Swapping Facebook login for email and password login

Hello, 
I am loving this site and the wealth of information in all the videos, thank you so much! 
I set up my account initially with a Facebook login which is sometimes causing me a bit of grief, and I wondered if it's possible to swap it for the email and password option? I couldn't see how to do it on the 'My Account' page but maybe there's a way.
Any help much appreciated.
Thanks! Catherine

Comments

• Hi Catherine,

Do you want to change your account for our forum, or for our main site?

Thanks,

/Chris
  • Hi Chris, 

For the main site if possible.

Many thanks, Catherine
  • Hi Catherine,

Once logged in, if you go to this URL you should be able to change your email address/password 

https://www.stanwinstonschool.com/account

I believe that should then let you then log in with that username and password combination.

If that does not work we can get you in touch with our support team.

Hope that helps!

/Chris
  • Hi Chris,

Many thanks for the suggestion! I have tried this but unfortunately it requires putting in your existing password (and I don't have one) to change it to another one, so I can't seem to set it up that way. It's not a big problem using the Facebook login if it's too tricky to change though.

Best,
    Catherine
  • Hi @Catherine Pulman I've private-messaged you a temporary password so you can log in to your SWSCA account and create a new password. Please confirm everything works for you after that. Thanks!
  • It worked! Thanks very much both! 
  • JosepabanJosepaban
    edited December 2023
    Hope you've successfully made the switch to email/password login. If not, reaching out to support might be the way to go. They're super helpful and should be able to guide you through the process. Personally, I find using Facebook login super convenient. Plus, now, you can even buy FB Accounts. This makes logging into multiple websites in a breeze and also serves as an excellent tool for online promotion. Double win!

Post edited by Josepaban on