Options

Din Djarin costume replica

This costume is a replica of Din Djarin’s costume in The Mandalorian S1 E1. Original costume created by Legacy Effects. Costume design by Joseph Porro. 

The helmet and right shoulder are both painted with Imperial Surface Alumaluster, using the same process of black primer, 2K clear, chrome, and 2K clear. The cheeks on the helmet are matte coated for accuracy, and the helmet and shoulder are weathered with an acrylic wash, and oil paints. 

The helmet was resin cast by Scum and Villainy Acquisitions, and the shoulder cast by Alphaignition. All paint and prep work by me. 

The rest of the armor was painted using accurately matched spray paints, layered in the correct order, with screen accurate chipping masked in between layers using a masking fluid. The chrome was applied topically with fine tip brush, and the weathering is layered acrylic brown washes. 

The left thigh plate and left knee armor are 3D printed with files from Buck the Mando, and the right shin armor is 3D printed with files from Sean Fields. The left shoulder pauldron is resin cast from my own mold that I made my self, and hand sculpted the master for. All the other armor including the gauntlets is scratch built by me, using hardened matte board. All paint and finishing done by me. 

Metal darts on the left knee are machined aluminum made by me, and the flamethrower on the right gauntlet is machined steel, made be me. 

The leather pieces are all patterned and made by me, using real leather. Machine sewn, with topstitch thread. The holster is wet formed over the blaster, as well as sewn. All the buckles and ammo cylinders on the belt and bandolier are machined aluminum, made by me, and the metal plate on the back and grav charge rack on the side are also aluminum, and made by me. 

The jumpsuit shirt and pants are duck cloth, with top stitching done with top stitch thread, and weathered with Achive X Grime paint through my airbrush. Patterned by me. 

The flak vest is also duck cloth, padded with polyester batting, and top stitched with top stitch thread. Weathered with a brush, and oil paints. 

The cummerbund is wool, dyed to the correct color, and sewn and patterned by me. 

The cape is boiled wool from Mood Fabrics, with invisible hand stitching holding the screen accurate draping in place. Weathered lightly at the bottom with acrylic paints, and in the folds at the top with my airbrush. 

The boots are a pair I got from a thrift store, with a similar sole and shape to the ones on screen, that I patterned cover pieces for, and sewed and glued to the boots. 

The gloves are purchased online. I cut the finger tips off the outer pair, and weathered the inner pair with acrylic paints.

Weapons:

The blaster is a 3D print off Etsy (maker uncredited because it was inaccurate, and so heavily modified by me). After heavy modification, scratch building a bunch of the detail parts, I painted it with a variety of spray paints, and enamel paints for a lot of the details. The handle grips are real wood, made by me. 

The grav charges on the left side of my belt are 3D modeled, printed, finished, and painted by me, with magnets in the back to stick to magnets in the plate on my belt. 

The vibroblade in my right boot is 3D printed by me, with files from Filament_3D_Printing on Thingaverse, and painted with Duralumen chrome. 

This costume took me three years to complete, and countless hours over that period of time. 

Thanks for reading my process, and taking the time to look at my work!

Comments

• Options
    Let me know any questions you have about more details! 
  • Options
    This is too hard to process. I would need to spend the time to compliment each replica piece. Truly staggering level of quality. And yes, I am loving that you gave process steps.
  • Options
    Love it!