Hi all

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum and pretty new to sculpture. Just wanted to pop by, say hello and share some of my work so that I can hopefully learn more and improve. I have seen some very talented sculptors and brilliant work on here already, so I must admit I am a little nervous. I look forward to becoming more involved with the community.

Comments

• Hello & welcome! I like the sculpture, is it in WED clay?

All the best,
    Eleftheria
  • Thanks Eleftheria. Yes it is WED, I find it a lot easier and quicker to use.
  • Welcome Katherine!  Your zombie sculpt looks great!

I look forward to seeing more of your work here.

/Chris
  • What scale is it? Are you going to mould it?
    I've never used WED clay: my large scale sculptures are made in water based clay which is also a quick medium & all the rest (between 1/6 and 1/8 scale depending on the project) are in Chavant Le Beau Touché.

All the best,
    Eleftheria
  • It's roughly life sized and I haven't made a mould, I haven't quite got the know how to mould it. I have seen some of your work, it's really good, must take some skill to be able to sculpt on a smaller scale. 
  • Thank you for your kind words, Katherine! I have only moulded my smaller pieces, I've never tried to do a larger mould. Looking forward to seeing more of your work.

All the best,
    Eleftheria  :)
  • edited April 2016
    Hello All,

My name is Asma from Dubai and am new in Stanwinstonschool i join to learn how to sculpt as a beginner in this major :smiley:. I've never tried but I really need to learn and be good in sculpting.

and am wonder to know you guys for more sharing and gain information from each other learning.

XOXO
    Asma
    Post edited by Chris Ellerby on
  • Welcome Asma, glad to have you here!

/Chris
  • Hi Asma, welcome on bord!