Options

T-Rex Heads (1:1 scale)

We love dinosaurs, like many others, since Jurassic Park. 
Wyvern Films was founded by a group of friends, and we made these heads as fan sculptures, to show what we can do.
The Brazil's Comic Con Experience organizers liked the results, and allowed us to expose them at the 2014 event .
Hope you like it! 

Painting

Link to the making of:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TM0QtO6aW8g

Comments

• Options
    Amazing!   Love the making of video.  Thanks for sharing both your work and your creative process!

/Chris
  • Options
    Thank you very much! Glad you liked it!
    We learned very much from classes we bought from you some years ago!
  • Options
    Fantastic! Thanks for sharing, and yes I agree too that SWSCA classes, Online Videos and DVD's help tremendously!
  • Options
    Thanks Thomas!
  • Options
    Well, this just kicks the competition into a whole new level!
    Amazing
  • Options
    WOW this is so amazing! Unbelievable!!!
  • Options
    Many thanks Andrew and 6ril mx.
  • Options
    More pics:

Sculpture

Texture detail

Mold

Make Eye

Final

More Photos Here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.826651250727727.1073741835.148048598587999&type=3
    T2.jpg 219.4K
    T3.jpg 239.7K
    T4.jpg 180.2K
    T5.jpg 259.1K
    T1.jpg 239.8K
    T7.jpg 426.2K
    T6.jpg 370.3K
  • Options
    This is amazing.  really quality craftmanship all the way from begining to end.  may i ask, was it all clay used to make the head prior to molding??
    thanks..
  • Options
    Thanks for the kind words Chris.
    Yes it was! We used Brazilian plastilina over a styrofoam structure during all the sculpting process.

We made it in parts to save clay, because it's a fan work and we had to use our own money. 

Best wishes!

• Options
    Well, there goes my chance of winning that tooth. Really, though this incredible work. Great job! If you get a chance, check out my baby raptor puppet. I'd really appreciate any advice or comments.
  • Options

Thank you for your reply and your willingness to help Marcos.  The JP trex inspired me to attempt this and then i came across yours and knew I had to have a go.  Very inspiring work, thank you for sharing..