What would be the best method to cast demon talon hands that are generic to fit several extras?

I have a sculpt with lone finger extensions and a boney hand structure but instead of using an appliance on all of them I need a full glove to fit snug enough to support the fingers on a few of them.

Best Answers

Answers

• Awe man thanks, I was planning on using silicone anyways. This video is perfect because the extras will  have sleeves for the most part. I appreciate your quick response this really helps. I only have 2 weeks to make several as well as finish up a lot of other gags. 

• Awesome, glad I was able to help.  Hope you can share some photos/video of what you make here on the forums!

/Chris
  • I will for sure. Probably on Monday if I can get my molds finished by then. I'm also havering to design a hand rig with growing talon nails so I might use latex for that version.
  • So this is the hands I was talking about. I was going to do a Platsil 10 silicone slush mold but I'm thinking It won't be strong enough. Then I was going to use the gloves like the video you posted but since they are solid clay and not on stone I can't make a thin prosthetic.  I don't have time to do anymore detail or smoothing because I have so much other stuff to finish by next week. So maybe a 2 piece ultracal mold and do a latex slush or do you think I could use a polyurethane rubber to mold it in one piece and just have one slit up the underneath?

• Thanks again for the advice :)

• WOW!!.. They look great. Congrats on the detail.