Homework Week Two

Please post your final Home work for week two by midnight 5/16/14 

Comments

• Tomorrows your last day to post your homework assignments. Ill check in first thing Saturday morning to see how everyone did. Im looking forward to seeing your progress and answering any questions you guys might have.

-Casey

• steve crispsteve crisp ✭✭✭

Hi Guys

Well here is my creature still with work to do on it but a lot further forward than the last images

hope you like it.

Steve

• Hello Guys!
    Here is how the  Humanoid Squid  sculpture is going  so far. am still working on it but I hope you guys like the way is going. I am loving the monster clay but  i still need to get more  familiar with it. I am still undecided if it will have the fangs or not.

Thanks!

Jesus
  • Here's what I got.  Tried to fix the anatomy a little.  Still got some work to do though.  Had a crazy work week, 12 hours shifts everyday lol.  Hope you like it.  I do have some questions for you Casey, what time will you be on tomorrow?
  • Hey guys, thanks for posting your work, great job so far, please fire away with any questions you have and ill get back to you on here.

I gotta go grade these and I feel like someone is missing? Chris is this everyone?

-Casey

Pete is missing

• Thanks Casey! Cant wait to see how am doing so far.
  • Guys, really sorry I haven't posted an update yet. 
    I've had a Masters deadline I've been working on, due today. It involved finishing on an essay and making a presentation. I'm completely out of sync... argh. I've been working on finishing the essay alone since Thursday. A presentation of which, the sculpt I've been working on, is apart of!!    ;)
    He's currently in the University, guarding the room. 

Hardly slept all weekend, head is a way with it. 
    What is the chances since there is a third class being planned, that there could be an extended homework class?    :D

I'm still going to post my work, I made some great progress on the pose and main forms. But still tonnes of work to do on this character. Now that I've got my time back, I could have an update in a couple of days.

I appreciate that my homework is late, so I totally understand if there's NO extensions. 
    Steve, Savage... Jesus! (where's Adam??) Loving the updates you've all made. Good work indeed.
    Steve, I'm totally creeped out, well done! lol

• Thanks Peter!  Cant wait to see your progress on your cool looking sculpture. 
  • Christopher VaughanChristopher Vaughan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Peter, 

Yes we are planning a third class. We will not be able to give you a completion on this one, but you can can carry your art work over to the next class for sure!

Thanks
    Chris

Are you doing a MFA? 

Hi Pete

god you have been busy, thanks for the comment I love it.

I was looking forward to seeing yours complete.

Steve

• Peter CooperPeter Cooper ✭✭✭
    edited May 2014
    Hi Chris, 

Thanks for that. I totally understand that my homework was late. So it's cool. 
    I'll definitely carry my piece over to the next class. I'm in Berlin on Saturday 31st, so I'm hoping our class isn't then! So looking forward to watching Casey progress further on Medusa.

Yeah, I'm doing an MFA in Multidisciplinary Design at the University of Ulster, Belfast.
    (Part time I might add!)  ... But doing it part time, with my work ethics... may as well be fulltime.  :D   
    I'm preparing for my main Masters Project which will, in part, involve getting out to Son of MonsterPalooza and MonsterPalooza next March.

I'm focusing in on character creation, through both traditional and digital means. 
    And obviously, I love making monsters!
  • Steve,

I don't know if I'll ever complete my sculpt, but get him to the next level?   ... absolutely!  hehe

I loved your idea though. I think you've got an opportunity to do a nice twirling pattern like design on the umbilical cord area.  Just to vary it from your main character. It depends on what you're going for though, so I get that.  I love the character's design, I can see how you implemented the creature's brain abit more. I like the mouth not being fully formed and the eyes opening etc...  creepy. 

Hey, what does the mother look like???   :)