Options

Mask sculpt feedback

edited April 19 in General
Looking for some feedback on the progress of  this Sculpt. I've never sculpt anything to final detail and I want this one to be the first.i want to cast it in latex, silicone or gelatine as a one piece mostly to learn the whole process, it's meant to be a somewhat realistic but stylized witch.  Thank you!
Post edited by Chris Ellerby on

Comments

• Options
    You are off to a great start.  Is that Monster Clay?  If so, you can soften the details using heat or brushing them with isopropyl alcohol.   I like to carve in my wrinkles and skin detail through a piece of plastic sandwich bag (ziplock, etc) which creates softer edges.   Then you can start adding smaller details like pores.

Keep up the great work!

/Chris
  • Options
    Thank you Chris. It's Chavant NSP medium.  I tried 99% alcohol and it just didn't have much effect. Watching other videos I tried some mineral spirits which dissolve oil paint and that works great! Following the technics from Normal Cabrera mask sculpt tutorial I was able to smooth and clean up the sculpture a little bit. I am spending WAAAY too much time on this but I am learning so much and it's actually so relaxing! I keep going back and forth on the forms before I start adding skin detail. Here is some progress if there is any on anatomy or anything else. 
  • Options
    Looking good!

/Chris
  • Options
    Darrell GreenDarrell Green ✭✭✭
    This is how I look when I accidentally eat wheat.
  • Options
    @Darrell Green I guess that's a good thing since would look somewhat "realistic" HAHAHAH :D 
  • Options
    Darrell GreenDarrell Green ✭✭✭
    @Darrell Green I guess that's a good thing since would look somewhat "realistic" HAHAHAH :D 
    It is a great sculpt, all kidding aside. This is where we go very slowly to get that mold of the original. This is the step that makes me nervous on my projects.