Eyebrow painting

I need some advice on painting single hairs into my eyebrows. I need to add some additional hairs and will be far enough from camera to not require laying hair. However, the available products at beauty stores are ludicrously overblown on their advertising and DO NOT PRODUCE HAIRLIKE LINES. My guess is that using a one or two hair brush with alcohol paints would suffice. Do we have any classes that cover this? I can see that the hero character would have laid in brows for closeups but I am self applying and am hoping for a painted application. Still working on my Will Turner so in this pic you can see his brow on the left of pic is closer to the bridge of his nose and I need to darken my brow but also add some hairs. Tips?

Comments

• Painting them in with a thin brush would be a good option.  You can also use a sharp eyebrow pencil to add fine hairs.

Eyebrow pencils work somewhat like mascara to help create the appearance of thicker fuller hair.

This video shows some techniques

https://youtu.be/GMla7uVxtfA

/Chris
  • This is exactly what I needed. My testing of the purposed multi hair pens was not consistent at all and it seemed to start out with thin lines but within 10 strokes changed thickness and it cannot be sharpened. This pencil in the video is definitely worthy of my current project for reshaping my brow to match my cosplay target. I will update after pencil test. Thank you Chris.
  • My tests were consistent with the video. The pencil works very well (I purchased a different brand locally). As seen in some of the reviews of the pencil, users extend the pencil too far which causes breakage. I did not have that issue. I also tried some fine tip art pens with excellent results but have not found any fine tip tattoo pens to try yet so cannot recommend for safety reasons. My test pens did not state "safe for skin". The common brand pen companies promote their tattoo pens but have no quality expectations so I couldn't see using them for anything but writing cartoon pictures for fun. I will add any tattoo, fine tip pens, if I find any of quality.

• Glad you are getting good results, hopefully, that does the trick!

/Chris