Options

The Hobbit - Bard the Bowman cosplay costume, Bard the Bowman impersonation cosplay costume

Darrell GreenDarrell Green ✭✭✭
edited March 2023 in Costumes & Cosplay
Bard the Bowman from The Hobbit - This build was only possible because of a temporary job in Salt Lake. Elk hides are abundant in the area and I was able to purchase a fully tanned hide for 100 dollars. I trimmed out arm holes and wore the entire pelt as a single piece coat. The arms, leg wraps and hand wraps are all scrap cuttings from the same. I grew the hair including facial hair and colored it to match. The shirt was hand sewn and the pants were a found thrift item in size 8x. I made the shoes from a prefab mocassin kit painted to match. Sashes, rope ties and belts were the final touches. I intend to retake posed photos when I am down to a comparable weight like the actor.

Post edited by Darrell Green on

Comments

• Options

This is me getting caught working on my costume in the living room. I was notified by my wife that I was "shedding" too much and needed to take myself outside. I would have said it was too cold outside if maybe I hadn't been wearing an entire elk hide at the time.
  • Options

This was my max facial likeness percentage from my likeness app:

• Options
    9 gojillion years later, I finished the arrows and quiver. I am currently coloring the bow string and will be ready for final pictures soon. This is a cardboard USPS mail tube covered with the leg of a pair of faux leather pants. I followed a tutorial on making medievil arrows from scratch. The arrow head is sculpey that was pretinted as metallic.

• Options
    Darrell GreenDarrell Green ✭✭✭
    edited April 10
    I am working on some hair options, a wig and the world's greatest comb-over. I got the comb-over to work very well the night before my pictures but on day of, I ran out of super hold hairspray so it was a fail for the full costume. But this next set of pics is my recent work on hair, costume weathering and color, bow, arrows and quiver.

Post edited by Darrell Green on