what is the color of paintless silicone head?

My question is about the main color of the colorless silicone head from the course "Jamie Groove-Painting Silicone Skin" In that video, the artist is starting the clean the silicone head before the painting. But which basic color has that silicone head? (colorless silicone head) I mean how can we do the main color for the main silicone to be painted? That was kind of cream tone but I am not sure. How can I obtain that intrinsic color for the colorless silicone to be painted? Thanks in advance

Best Answer

• Matt WinstonMatt Winston Admin
    Answer ✓
    Hi Pinar - To give silicone an intrinsic base color when casting a silicone makeup, mask or puppet, you have to add silicone tint. Several of our online courses show how to do this process, including Silicone Mask Making Part 3, chapter 6: Tinting the Silicone, which you can find here: https://www.stanwinstonschool.com/tutorials/silicone-mask-making-part-3-casting-and-demolding

We aren't sure of the exact color that was used to tint the head that Jamie Grove painted in his silicone painting course, but it would have been a very light flesh tone. As a rule of thumb, it's always better to go lighter when pre-tinting silicone because you can darken with paint later on, but if you pre-tint too dark, it's nearly impossible to lighten it with paint later in the process.

Answers

• Thank you so much. This information is very useful. And, the video really works for me. Because I had not found it until I texted you. Actually, I am not doing 
    Thanks, 
  • You're welcome, Pinar!
  • I am sorry that I realized my massage was not completed. Actually, I am not doing masks or something for the filming industry. I am a Prosthodontist and a faculty at a state University, Gazi University, in Turkey. Unfortunately, we don't have any technical staff  (technicians) who can make silicone prosthetics for patients with maxillofacial deformities. Therefore we, prosthodontists, are making all the clinical and laboratory work by ourselves. On the other hand, because we are not artists or sculptors, the process is somehow hard to do. We are also using platinum-type HTV or RTV silicones for our patients. The hardest one is coloring the silicone, both intrinsic and extrinsic. In this regard, as an associate professor in the field of prosthodontics, I'd like to thank Stan Winston School for being a platform on that everybody can learn some applications, especially silicone work. I am choosing the techniques from the courses that really work for me. Because as you know, we have to use bio-inert materials or techniques on real patients. Therefore, I am choosing the most relevant ones. In this regard, I am still searching for courses on this website to enhance my skills in both sculpture and silicone appliances. 
    Thank you,
  • Thank you for sharing more about how you hope to apply the techniques you've been learning with us, Pinar. It's wonderful what you're doing to help people with maxillofacial deformities and we're honored to be able to contribute to your work in some way.