Options

Articulated Mask Making On A Budget - other ways to sculpt the form

edited June 2021 in General
My apologies if this is the wrong category for this question - I live in Canada and the epoxy clay he uses in the tutorial is only really available in the US, and I'm unsure of other things I could use to possibly make a detailed mask like he has. I wonder if there's something else I can use to make the mask that's durable and paintable

Comments

• Options
    If Magic Sculpt is not available locally you can order it online and have it shipped to you.  Otherwise, another similar sculpting epoxy is "Apoxie Sculpt" or you could try some of Smooth-On's epoxy doughs like "Freeform SCULPT," which is not quite the same as Magic Sculpt, but could be an alternative in a pinch.

/Chris
  • Options
    We seem to have the epoxy dough here! What's the issue with it, is it not as durable, or harder to work with for a mask like this?
  • Options
    It's just a different product.  It does not work/sculpt/form exactly the same as magic sculpt.  I've not used it in mask-making. so I can't say if it's better or worse, just that it's different.  It's worth trying out if you can't find Magic Sculpt or Apoxie Sculpt.

/Chris