First Project Assistance

I am new to the school/enrollment and I'm in Basic Fabrication, one of the main things I need help with though is where to find some of the materials for a low cost, such as the upholstery foam or the clay, basic but common materials like that. Thank you for your assistance!

Comments

• Welcome!

Finding material is always a challenge, and that changes greatly based on your location and the type of materials you are looking for.

If you are looking to get upholstery foam cheaply, your best bet may be companies that do upholstery or sell foam to upholstery companies.  They often have scraps that they are willing to give away or sell at a discounted price.  Finding larger pieces this way can be difficult, but you can also glue multiple small pieces together for larger projects.

/Chris
  •      Alright thank you so much, I live in the Los Angeles area so yeah it's a bit difficult, but thank you so much for the help!
  • Hello! If you are looking for foam I heard there is a place in Burbank called Foam Mart that sells a whole bunch of different types and stuff. I haven't been there but I know a few different people have mentioned it being a good place!