Creature painting contest - lifesize silicone babies

I created three of these lifesize babies. I created the original in monster clay and reproduced with mold made from dragonskin, then poured in deadened ecoflex20 platinum silicone. The intrinsic colour is 11 different flocking colours plus my own pigment colour using silc pig. The extrinsic paint work is psycho paint and occasinally platsil gel with pigments from silc pig - both airbrush and directly applied. The interior of the mouth is also painted and there is full detailed uper and lower gums, tongue and uvula.The main aim here is to get the colours to look alive in every lighting situation. The photos are almost all taken in daylight without any electric light. The hair was coloured by me using locally sourced mohair, which I coloured using human hair dyes. There are 4 different colours used. Each hair is directionally punched as a single hair. Their is an armature inside to allow for posing and the head sits on a ball joint with a carefully designed neck join to hide the join whatever angle it sits at. They are 21inches in length and weight 9lb 4oz - like a newborn. Thank you!

Comments

• Absolutely beautiful .... magnificent work
  • thanks Kevin
  • Amazing work!
    They look so realistic. So well done.
  • Incredible Hyper Realism, really amazing....
  • Thanks Ross and Robert. I really appreciate that. I guess the challenge with these little creatures is we all know what they should look like so my accuracy to life has to be spot on.
  • Thanks Ross and Robert. I really appreciate that. I guess the challenge with these little creatures is we all know what they should look like so my accuracy to life has to be spot on.