Foam Latex Ears - Silicone Mold?

Hi. I need to make foam latex prosthetics ears but as I don't have much experience with foam, I was wondering if you would be able to tell me if it is possible to run and bake a foam latex piece in a silicone mould. I have access to Mold Star or Mold Max in my country (others as well but I have researched that these two can withstand high temperatures). I have only seen people bake foam in fibreglass and stone molds so I was wondering if the silicone reacts with foam while baking etc. Is it possible to run and bake foam using a silicone mold or is it a bad idea? Thank you. Any suggestions would be very helpful to me.

Comments

• Normally you want to run foam in a rigid mold (stone, epoxy, fiberglass, etc).  My concern with running foam in a silicone mold is that it might deform on you.

Anyone here ever run foam in a silicone mold?

/Chris
  • Thank you! That's what I have suspected but I wasn't so sure. I will stick to rigid molds as you are suggesting :)
  • I will hopefully try this. Not full silicone but silicone with stone support shell. I will let you know how it turns out.