Sword bondage sculpture help

Ok I've done this concept drawing which I want sculpt. I've had interest but with a sword thrust through the heart instead of a vase for a rose. 

However, I'm not sure how to sculpt something with an object like a sword protruding from it.  Plus, I want to be able to make a mould and cast out of resin. I'm not sure how to do that? Do I sculpt then stab with a miniature sword or get the sword and sculpt around?? 

I'm also wondering about the stability of the hat ... should I use foil or wire mesh to make it more stable for the mould making process? 

Lastly, do I make the sword and if so how, or would it be best just to buy a miniature sword like a letter opener or something? 

Thanks

Comments

• Hi Gemma,

Personally I would find or make the sword, and the sculpt around that in a way so the sword could be removed for molding.  It might also be a good idea fo have the sword cut into 2 pieces so each can just socket into the final cast version (in front and back), which may make molding it a bit easier.

For the hat you will likely want some armature wire in there, but make sure you can still remove the hat or sections of it, since it will be easier to mold that on its own due to all the small appendages.  You may also want to make her arm removable as well, just to give yourself molding options.

For the sword, your letter opener idea is a good one.  Otherwise you could sculpt your own out of epoxy clay or super sculpey.

Hope that helps!

/Chris