Extension on Due Date (please Read)

we've heard that the deadlines have been challenging on this course and so we've decided to extend the project completion deadline for an additional two weeks to give people a chance to catch up. The course forum will remain open during that time so everyone has continued access to all the wisdom/information that's been shared up until this point. Ted will be able to only give limited feedback as the course will officially be over. We will however wait until the 5th to ask for the final suits for the course grades.

Thanks
Chris

Comments

• Good news! Thanks guys!
  • Thanks!
  • Yes thanks now I can enjoy my vacation.
  • Hooray! I can catch up and still put all the mechs in :)

• Justin CalderaJustin Caldera ✭✭✭
    edited September 2013
    oh, well it was never a real problem for me, but now i could probably spend some good time on color haha
  • Alas even though I desperately need that extension i just got another job and that will leave me with hardly any time to work on the costume and my scheduled trip to the US cant be pushed any farhter back. and since its my first vacation afterwards in over ten years, I hope y´all forgive me if I dont finish my suit in time. I guess I ll have to be content with a participation certificate. :D
  • Thanks for that, really looking forward to seeing everyone's finished work. 
    I'm going back to England at the end of this month, so that's my deadline since I can't bring it over with me. Unless I wear it onto the flight...
  • You should try that. Bet they'd love it! :)
  • Are we going to be able to show ted our finished constumes live when the course ends?
  • That would be cool if we did.
  • Peter no I'm afraid not.
  • Tom StewartTom Stewart ✭✭✭
    edited September 2013
    We ourselves can arrange a time to meet to reveal. Let's say October 5th at 1:00pm EST. We can do it over Google. Even if you think you won't be done it would be good to see everyone. Who's in?
  • Yes, lets. That's class time so it's perfect.
  • I was thinking the same. So you're in I guess?
  • I'll be in England so I won't have my suit :( but I'd love to see everyone else's. 
  • Doesn't matter if you are done or not for our show and tell. Everyone is invited :-)
  • I'm in.
  • Hey Chris,
    What is needed for the end posting of our work? 4-6 Pictures and perhaps some video? I imagine so but want to get clarification so the grading goes smooth. 
  • yeah that is about right. no video is required, but it would be cool. ;)
  • JUST A REMINDER...Saturday October 5th at 1:00pm EST.  Google+ Hangout- SWSCA Event- Be there to show off what you have! Even if you haven't completed the project show up anyway! I would love to see what you have done so far. I believe that Hangout only accepts 9 "seats" so it's at a first come first serve basis. Hope to see everyone out!
  • I'm a bit confused about the extra time- it says at the top that the deadline was extended an additional 2 weeks, but the 5th Oct is only a wk after the original deadline. It doesn't make any difference to me cos I had to move anyway, but for the others.
    Another question- I think Chris you said before something like we get a cert if we get it completed, whatever completed means to us. So I made the decision to finish the head and torso, so does that count as completed for me? 
  • Christopher VaughanChristopher Vaughan ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    yes if that was your intention it is complete. As for the due dates we would like to give you guys as much time as possible, it was two additional weeks past the final class. 

let me know f you have any more questions.

• Thanks Chris! The cert wasn't so important to me before, but after putting the work in it'd be nice to get one too.