Practice Silicone Mask

Hi All! I’m new to the forum site but wanted to see if someone/anyone can help me out! 
Id like to know if there is such a thing as a practice silicone mask that I can use to practice my silicone airbrush paint technique on. And if so where might I purchase one and also a stand for the mask to sit on? I appreciate the suggestions/ help!

Comments

• Hi Rae,

I don't know of anyone that sells the masks unpainted, but you might be able to reach out to one of the companies that makes silicone masks and see if you could purchase one of their cast offs (castings that did not turn out well or were too damaged to easily patch/etc), or an unpainted version of one of their masks.   This would also reduce the cost, since a lot of person hours go into painting the masks, and that's reflected in the price.

Companies I would reach out to:   Immortal Masks, CFX Masks, Shattered FX

All those companies were started by artists who love the art of mask making, so I'm sure they will be receptive to someone who wants to start down that path.   At the same time, they have a lot of money invested in the molds and casting up/patching an unpainted mask still takes a lot of time and resources, so they will not be cheap.

Best of luck!

/Chris
  • Chris thanks soooo much for your fast and helpful reply! I will definitely look into these companies and see what I get... I really want to get into painting/airbrushing silicone mask and getting good at this process! Appreciate your insight!