Options

Monster Maker Ed 2.0 Measurements

Has any broke down this armature in very specific measurements?  I'd like to know just how close to matching my own head it is before buying it. It'd be nice if they gave you an idea of nose, ear, eye, mouth placement. 

Comments

• Options
    Hi Thomas,

I can't find that information posted anywhere.  You may want to reach out to them directly. 

Thanks,

/Chris
  • Options
    Sent them a message about the time I posted here.  Thought I'd try both just in case.

• Options
    edited March 2022
    Ordered one of these and can say it's extremely sturdy with decent proportions. One question I have is about the neck.  The armature neck is roughly fourteen inches while mine is sixteen.  This makes a difference in diameter of around a half inch.  If I use the armature as my core will the neck of a mask be too tight? I would likely be using dragon skin or eco flex 20

Post edited by Thomas Thompson on
  • Options
    You generally want the fit on a silicone mask to be slightly snug so it can move better with your face.   Based on those measurements the neck would have to stretch 2 inches, which for 14 inches of material is not bad.   Each inch would have to stretch only .14 inches.

If you want more flex you can move to a lower ShoreA durometer like 10.  Though the target durometer can change based on mask design, features, thickness, reinforcements, etc.

/Chris