Options

Kelpie Niit

This creature is the kelpie as I see it.
This individual is not yet old, but already quite battered by life in a world dominated by civilization. The people inhabiting the world today no longer believe in mythical monsters. Today's humanity, faced with the mystical, is frightened and kills. Niit already knew what it was like to starve. People are less likely to fall for his tricks and more and more often hurt him. More than once its fins and skin have been torn by debris at the bottom of its river. Once Niit was more unlucky than usual - a man who noticed him managed to seriously injure his leg and break his tail fin. His leg did not heal properly, bent and continues to hurt even decades later. Since then, Niit has been limping and trying to stay away from shores and people. Previously, he ate animals that approached the water. Now, fearing to swim to the shore, Niit can only eat fish, which are rapidly disappearing due to the pollution of his river. He is one of the few surviving individuals and the only kelpie for many kilometers around. His appearance is doomed, but he still doesn't want to believe it.

История на русском языке под фотографиями.

P. S. My native language is Russian, so the English-language story has been translated with the help of Google Translate.

P. P. S. I drew the sketch a long time ago and in the process of sculpting the design has changed a little :)

P. P. P. S. Made with ancient sculptural clay and painted with acrylics (yes, I'm terrible :D)

Это существо - кельпи, как я их представляю.
Эта особь ещё не стара, но уже весьма потрепана жизнью в мире, где господствует цивилизация. Люди, населяющие ныне мир, больше не верят в мифических чудовищ. Сегодняшнее человечество, сталкиваясь с мистическим, пугается и убивает. Ниит уже познал, каково голодать и быть на волосок от гибели. Люди всё реже попадаются на его уловки и всё чаще причиняют ему боль. Не раз его плавники были порваны мусором, покоящимся на дне его реки. Однажды Нииту не повезло больше обычного - заметивший его человек успел серьезно ранить ему ногу и разорвать хвостовой плавник. Его нога зажила неправильно, искривилась и продолжает болеть даже спустя десятилетия. С тех пор Ниит хромает и старается держаться подальше от берегов и людей. Раньше он питался животными, подошедшими к воде. Сейчас, опасаясь подплывать к берегу, Ниит может есть только рыбу, которая стремительно исчезает из-за загрязнения его реки. Он один из немногих выживших особей и единственный кэльпи на многие километры вокруг. Его вид обречен, но он всё еще не хочет в это верить.