Options

Nosferatu Vampyre

RavenloftRavenloft
edited July 2020 in Monster Makeup Contest
My Nosferatu style vampyre after Max Schreck in the 1922 Nosferatu silent film and after Reggie Nalder as Kurt Barlow in Salem's Lot 1979. I used Ben Nye creme make up, Ben Nye final seal, Ben Nye liquid latex, Nose and Scar wax, castor seal, Mehron rigid collodion, Dr. Dent's monster teeth, colored contacts, Reel Magik finger extensions, and a Woochie pro foam latex appliance modified from the Emperor in Return of the Jedi. We did a vampire theme that Halloween and my twin brother was a Bela Lugosi Dracula. The make up was effective, after dark I even had adults taking one look and running from me.

Post edited by Ravenloft on

Comments

• Options
    Prosthetic fingers although fun and cool, turned out to be very difficult to do. The make up color doesn't look the same on the extensions compared to the skin, they sweated, and the adhesive/latex binding could be loosened by the slightest bump making it tough to keep them all on for extended periods of time. Which left me nearly helpless as I couldn't turn a door knob, pick up anything, open a car door, or re-attach a loose finger very easily. In this first photo you can see some of the digits that had to be reattached.