Silicone Mask Making Molding

I thought it would be fun to post the work I've been doing with this tutorial. If you guys see any improvements I could make I would love to hear them. Overall it went okay, I'm pretty slow in making the clay wall and rather inexperienced in doing this work fast so it took around 10 hours for the first half. I would have added a couple more layers of fiberglass and smoothed the final layer more but i was exhausted. Wish me luck on the back half tomorrow! I refuse to let myself forget to make pry points😂 

Comments

• First half is looking great!  I'm sure the second half will take a lot less time now that you have everything down.  And not having to clay up a wall on the second half helps a lot! 

Looking forward to seeing your progress!

/Chris
  • I finished the back half of the mold a while ago and am now eagerly awaiting the final class to see exactly how to cast it finally! I have a feeling I will probably have to shave down the core a bit around the neck because it looks to be pretty thin. If you guys have any suggestions for anything I could do , like places for vent spouts or other things I would love to here it!  Thanks!
  • Wow, that is a good looking mold!

Based on what I'm seeing here I don't have any suggestions. I'm sure the final course in this series will get you up and casting in no time!  I'm looking forward to that one as well.

/Chris