Where can I find an oven for my foam prosthetics?

I need to purchase an oven for my school, the one that the former instructor picked out was to big for the space and am looking for a resource for a table top oven. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Answers

• Hi Roxie,

Most foam ovens are custom built, as they can be relatively inexpensive that way.  If you search on google for "foam latex oven plans" you should see a few popular designs out there.  There may be some safety concerns for a custom built foam oven in a school environment though.  It's not the kind of thing you let run unattended.

You can use laboratory or industrial convection ovens, which work great for baking lots of smaller pieces, or if you get a really big one you can do larger pieces, but they can be a bit expensive.  It'll be a challenge to find anything large enough to do full body pieces though, as those ovens are usually custom built.

Depending on the size you need you can check eBay for used convection ovens that might fit your needs.

/Chris
  • Unfortunately this is for a junior college so oven must be purchased new we have about $600 to spend
  • Hi Roxie,

That may pose a challenge, but depending on the size of pieces you need to run you might be able to find a convection oven in that range.

/Chris