Options

Wun Wun the Giant bust - contest entry 1 - N.Brown

Hello there,
    I decided to attempt to faithfully recreate Wun Wun the Giant, from Game of Thrones, using the same materials and methods as the shows prosthetic effects team employed.  He was hand sculpted in Chavant NSP medium, cast in deadened platinum silicone, painted with Psycho-Paints, and hair punched with human hair.  The eyes I made out of white poly-resin, glass, wool fibers, and UV resin.  His outfit is rabbit pelts, and the white/black is faux fur I dragged through the garden to give it a bit of grit.  All of the work, every process of his creation, was done by me.   You can watch the timelapse video of the process below:
https://youtu.be/ioNr-pdxhKM

About me:
My name is Nicholas Brown, and I run the LoreCraft youtube channel.  I am completely solo, doing all of the sculpting, painting, casting, everything by myself.  I film it all and edit it on my own for the channel, which is pretty much the synopsis of how I got started doing this 2 years ago.  My earlier works were all in air dry clay that I painted with acrylics, but after a good response to the work I was able to reinvest in platinum silicone, leave the air dry clay stuff behind, and try to move in what I hope is a more professional quality of work.  I'm still doing all these out of my one bedroom apartment, right in my kitchen, just as I always have from my very first video.  Everything I've ever made is available to watch on my channel if you're interested in tracking my progress and seeing some of my other work.  Thanks for the opportunity of this contest and best of luck to all entrants. Best - Nicholas

Pictures of the Wun Wun sculpture, from finished product to various stages of the sculpt, along with a WIP comparison shot of mine midway through and the original BGFx version:

size comparison shot next to Kreacher

Pre-beard shot

pre-hair punching, post painting

fresh pull from the mould, pre-clean up and patching

closeup of chavant detail work-skin texturing

pre-skin texturing shot

comparison of mine to the original reference picture I was using

Earlier part of the sculpt