need to make a crown

i need to make a feminine crown looking at the possibilities for materials having a tough time has to be wearable and somewhat durable but also pretty and such... anyone have suggestions?  

Comments

• Depending on the look you are going for, how it will be used, and your budget there are a number of materials that would work great for creating a crown.   

One option would be a thermo plastic like worbla (http://www.worbla.com/) which you can heat and shape to make rigid forms.  This material is popular in the cosplay community, and I have seen crowns/headpieces made from it in the past.

If you want to go a little simpler, you could use something like L200 foam or Craft Foam (available at your local crafting or fabric stores) which can be layered, glued, carved, and coated/painted easily.

A more advanced option would be to use something like "Magic Sculpt," "Free Form Sculpt" or "Apoxie Sculpt" over an armature.  They are all 2 part epoxies that work much like clay.  The finished product very hard and great for carving, sanding, etc.  This is the option I would go for if it's in your budget.

/Chris
  • awesome i have a few tubs of magic sculpt laying around from the how to make a mask tutorials what would you suggest for the armature? sorry for all the questions im pretty lost.
  • In the case of a sculpting epoxy you only need the armature to help things hold their shape until the epoxy cures.  You could use the same type of aluminum armature wire that is normally used for sculpting with clay.  Depending on the size and shape of your crown you may want to try some other armature materials too, but the wire should give you a good start.

No need to apologize for the questions, that's what we're here for!  Ask away!

/Chris
  • thanks so much im pretty sure you answered the last question i have NUMBER ONE ADMIN RIGHT THERE ^^^^^^