Options

New stop motion project

2»

Comments

• Options
    Freddy StynenFreddy Stynen ✭✭
    edited August 2023
    Made a new tree in 2020 from paperclay , but had some personal stuff , so it was on hold, but now i'm back , i hope  B)

• Options
    Freddy StynenFreddy Stynen ✭✭
    edited August 2023
    After it was dry , i paint it with primer , din't need to doh ?
    Wel i gave it a dark grey acrylic paint  and  i wanted 2 wash it with other grey acrylic paint.
    but know the paint is peeling of the tree "no photo yet"
    The tree is glued to the base and the total weight is about 8.20 kilos.
    is there clay that you stick to wood without gluing ???
    because i want to apply a thin layer of clay around the tree so that i can incorporate flowers and other things into it.
    Can something be glued on acrylic paint ???
    This tree gets leaves and falling leaves , moss on the roots , but i'm not sure i'm going to give this tree branches ?
    With those long branches , that looks like nothing , just bad.
    all the help is more then welcome , because i won't progress if i'm not sure it all works out.
    Don't want to finish a tree where the paint is peeling of after a few weeks ???
    The tree would not survive me , if something like that would happen  B)

Post edited by Freddy Stynen on
  • Options
    Looking good!  I remember your original paper clay sculpt of the tree.

You can glue to acrylic paint, however, the bond will only be as strong as your paint adhesion.  If what you are gluing on is something light, that's not a problem.  If you need to glue on something heavier you can scrape away a bit of the paint to help provide a clean surface to glue to.

/Chris
  • Options
    thx Chris ,

i will be scraping alot i think , roots need moss and in between leafs.
    Chris do you know what clay will stick on wood without gluing .
    i want 2 put clay between the roots and all around the tree .
    i want finish , nah i gonne use alot of scenery.
  • Options
    If you want something that can also cure to be rigid I would go with something like "Magic Sculpt" or "Apoxie Sculpt".  Both are a 2-part epoxy dough that works like clay until it sets.  Before setting, they can be smoothed with water, and as they go through their curing stages, they offer a good level of control over surface detail.  Once set they can be sanded or refined using files, rotary tools, etc.  But doing as much texture/form work as possible before they set is often best.

/Chris
  • Options
    thx Chris .

i'm not in a hurry , i wil do some test .
    So this clay "photo" won't work on wood ?
    Wil do some testing soon .
    Still need 2 fix the paint issue .