Now On-Demand: How To Build An Animatronic Head - Part 4
Learn how to finish, test, and program an animatronic head with master creature effects mechanic Craig Caton-Largent (Jurassic Park, Terminator 2: Judgment Day, Predator 2). Concluding his 4-part webcourse series on DIY animatronics, Caton-Largent guides you through the final steps of your mechanical character build, including an in-depth demonstration on creating servo-controlled lip mechanisms, followed by skin testing, and basic animatronics programming.
- Attaching the Jaw Assembly
- Installing Lip Cables & Tabs
- Connecting the Lip Servos
- Trimming & Gluing Down the Test Skin
- Animatronics Programming Basics - The Pololu Board
- Using Visual Show Automation (VSA) Software