Alien Queen

Hi All. This was my first and fully finished sculpture using Sculpey. The piece started out as a sculpting exercise of a human bust and ended the way it is now, mostly inspired by Giger's Alien and Species designs. This is my take and sort of tribute to one of my favourite artists. I was designing this "on the fly" as I sculpt. 

The base was wood but I decided to sculpt-in the mandibles based on the Predator head design. I wanted to create bigger ones, but ended up with what I have now cause I was not sure about how sturdy it would be and I was still trying to figure out how to go about sculpting it properly.

This was supposed to be the front part initially, but I didn't like the way the torso was curving forward, so I decided to create a new "front". Somehow, the back ended up OK.

There was a bit of damage that happened while I was moving it around when it dropped and the head broke off as well as part of the upper lip chipped off. So I'm in the process of restoring it now.

Hopefully, I would make it on time to before the deadline and post a photo of it.

Comments