Silent Hill (Pyramid Head) 🔪

My costume is "The Fiend" aka Pyramid Head from the Silent Hill movie. I had to work with several different mediums in order to create it.

Starting with the helmet. I looked at pictures and tried to hand draw the overall shape on paper. Then I traced it onto foamcore poster board. I assembled it by taping it together inside, and then used a hot glue gun on all the seams to replicate welds.

I then attached some pvc elbows and tubing.

For the side panels you look out I used black out limo tint and topped it with some old chicken wire for appearance. The hoses and fittings were all pvc and split loom you can get at a hardware store. I then painted it all with a hammered metal finish paint.

The bottom contains a panel to make sure it's dark insude so nobody can see in. I added two fans to help keep me cool, a mini Bluetooth speaker, and an iPhone so I can play breathing sounds like from the movie. All of this is powered by a small power bank.

I use a small Bluetooth ring style remote button paired with the phone to start and stop the breathing sound.

The next piece is the silicone musclesuit. I purchased this but made several modifications to it. Firstly, I used some Psycho Paint and gave it a more realistic paint job to help contrast the veins and fine details. I then distressed it some to look like it had been exposed to the fires of Hell.

Turns out these are extremely difficult to get on and off so I split it up the back and used some Silpoxy to glue in a zipper. This left me with an ugly zipper up my back, so I had the idea to create a cover. So I 3D printed an articulated spine.

Next I had to decide how to attach it to the suit. So I decided to make a flesh panel to go around it. I made a quick mold with a hot glue gun for a silicone pour.

I then used some Dragon Skin Platinum Silicone and pigmented it with some BBDINO flesh colored pigment to pour around it. I also added some barbwire that I made from leather cording for effect.

I needed to add some dimension to the flesh to resemble open wound so I poked and prodded with a number of tools until I was satisfied with the result.

The end result turned out nicely!

I then used the remaining Silpoxy to adhere velcro to both the back of the spine panel and the zipper of the torso. I really wanted it look nice and juicy so I applied some Ultimate Blood by Smooth-On on the panel and around the zipper on the suit.

With the torso all squared away I then made the skirt. I used a couple yards of cotton material and after sewing it I haphazardly cut it apart all the way up to the elastic belt sewn in it. I then stitched it back together with leather cord, then distressed the entire thing with my airbrush.

The belt I cut from a roll of leather. I wrapped some of the corded barbwire around it, and added some 3D printed razor blades. I then tooled the inscription, "Fire does not cleanse, it blackens" into it from the Silent Hill movie.

The final piece was the great blade he carries. I free handed the shape out onto a sheet of 1" pink insulation foam. I cut two halves, carved a channel into the middle, and inserted a 1" dowel for support. Then shaped it, sanded it, and painted it. I wrapped what was left of the barbwire I made around it and reinforced the handle with a fiberglass wrap kit.

I wore boots with 8" platforms and guantlet style leather gloves to complete the look. Here's some outstanding pictures taken by Nox Photography at Evansville Horror Con.

To get a quick look here's a video short so you can hear the sounds and get a good look at how it all went together!

https://youtu.be/bZHxa1eUW4c

A great deal of thought, time, and hard work went into creating this. Thanks for looking! And I appreciate your consideration!

Post edited by Chuck Cockrum on