Clash of the Titans:Sheikh Suleiman (Djinn)

Hi,

Firstly my sincere apologies for my very poor photo editing for my entry and also for any spelling mistakes in my description!

My names Paul and I've been creating one off costume replicas since 2003 and I've started my creation page on Facebook under the name Dark Heart Creations and also on Instagram. The link can be found at the end of the costumes description..

I first started this massive costume replica way back in 2010 after seeing the film "Clash of the Titans", I was especially drawn to the character 'Sheikh Suleiman' the foreboding Djinn in the film! I first started by creating a fibreglass underskull and then adding over 800 pieces of hand carved and cured pieces of wood to create his face, This took over 5 months to complete worjing day and night and was a tedious task to do as I wanted to achieve authenticity with this costume.

For the arms and hands I then created a WED clay sculpture trying to get a 'Wood' effect whilst doing so, it was trial and error and after various attempts I finally managed to achieve the look.amd effect I was hoping for.

The shoulder and back shells were tha same process, WED clay sculpture and then molding and casting these in polyester resin and painted and distressed to get that desert dwelling entity. These were to resemble 'Scorpion' platelets as in the film.

Moving onto the soft parts for this project I tried to achieve a close a match as I could but some fabrics were made for production by Lindy Hemning and her team on the film and were impossible to match, The turban, Neck scarf were white muslin material that I then dyed a light blue and distressed with actual sand water, Light tan boot polish and cold tea.

The talismans were hard to find, I've used Red Deer Antler, Rams horns, Replica Antelope horn, Various weaved leather to hang the talismans from, I then made the three large leather panels using 3mm thick camping mat then covered in thin distressed leather which was achieved by rubbing on the concrete slabs in our back yard until I was happy with how it looked.

Each robe has been dyed, Distressed using the 'Concrete slab' method, Rubbing them continuously on the concrete until they were worn through and ragged and then sand washed, Boot polish and cold tea added and left to dry.

I've lost count on how many talismans that are on the costumes and this has been a labour of love.  Over the last fourteen years, I've been continually going back to this costume, Adding and modifying it, And working on it when my finances would allow me to do so, And has my skills have slowly got better and I progressed with the entire look of this replica costume as I so wished to get this as close as I could and fit fly be happy with the results.

For the feet I used a pair of New rock boots with a three inch sole and then added again muslin and cotton cloth that I pre dyed, Weathered and aged with sand wash, Light brown, Mid brown boot polish and cold coffee. From head to toe I stand around 6 ft 7 inches tall as I'm naturally 6ft2 in height but still nowhere near Ian Whytes height who portrayed this character in the film but it's still imposing costume with it'sheight!

I've probably missed a few things but I can honestly say that after fourteen years this replica is now complete apart from his wooden staff which I currently modifying but can be seen in one photo when he was placed on a Mannequin while I've been working on him.

Link to my Facebook page Dark-Heart Creations...
https://www.facebook.com/DreamWeaverFX

Instagram

https://www.instagram.com/dark_heart_creations/profilecard/?igsh=NGJtdXpxYjhtMDZ2

LINK TO MY YOUTUBE VIDEO OF THIS COSTUME...
https://youtube.com/shorts/uGcd4Ft_1o0?si=SlWUkLaLs8sBlCAN

Post edited by Soulsearcher on