Macellarius

Imagine discovering a small being hidden in the shadows of an ancient bookshop: a little man, a little man with a slightly deformed appearance and endowed with magical powers. This hyper-realistic sculpture is made of acetic silicone, a sealant material commonly used in construction, but transformed through an innovative technique that I developed. Thanks to this, the silicone which is usually only used for casting in moulds, becomes mouldable in the artistic field. The little man, a fascinating and mysterious character known in the alchemical tradition for his alleged supernatural abilities, has been sculpted with such accurate details that seem almost alive. It is said that these beings, the result of ancient transmutations, can perform extraordinary magic. Every fold of his skin and every expression on his face have been crafted with precision to evoke a feeling of wonder and curiosity. This sculpture not only explores the boundary between the fantastic and the real, but also invites us to reflect on the charm of legends and the power of imagination. We hope it fascinates you as much as it fascinated us!

Comments

• I'm really interested hearing more about your process creating these! You've done an excellent job. If you are able to share (all good if you can't), I'd love to hear about how you made the silicone moldable. Otherwise, I'm quite curious as to how it sculpts compared to clay, and is it soft enough that if made at the right thickness, could it be used with mechanics?
  • Ciao ti ringrazio sul mio canale yutube ho un breve video come silicone rimane molto più rigido però se fatto con basso spessore potrebbe funzionare per soggetti Animatronici  ☺️