Jason Goes to Hell sculpting/molding

Comments

• I am working on a revision of my latex version for prop 'blown up head" purposes....i wanted to cast it in resin and silicone (for the hockey mask and skin)...i also was debating on using either REAL leather for straps or weathering/painting EVA foam...question with that is should i mold the straps in fiberglass or silicone?
  • Working with real leather is fun, and it's a nice way to add some detail to a piece.  Not to mention working with new materials is a good way to develop or refine skills.

Why would you be molding the straps if you made them in leather?  I'm guessing you still want to cast latex versions that include the straps, rather than adding a leather strap to each casting?

If you're going to mold and re-cast the straps, EVA would be a cheaper/easier option.

How you mold the straps would partly depend on how you want to cast them, and in what material.

/Chris 
  • Chris thats EXACTLY what i was going to do..mold this in silicone skin and resin with EVA straps...and also be able to mold it in latex as well with the "save the work" mold ...