Krang from TMNT

Growing up at the perfect time to enjoy the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle cartoon and films I knew it was only a matter of time before I would finally create a love letter cosplay to the franchise.

Krang was scratch built from head to toe. The body is largely made from upholstery foam and EVA foam with a mixer of 3M 74 spray, neoprene rubber and plastidip to skin the foam body.

https://youtube.com/shorts/WH0dAeLXb2o?si=kIE9jTSd844Eup0t (Raw Foam movement test)

The body was then painted with rattle can paints for the block colors and airbrushed for all the exposed skin portions.
Krang's alien body (belly) was sculpted out of oil clay, molded in stone and cast in silicone, then airbrushed with thinned caulking technique.

Krang's android head was also sculpted in oil clay to 2nd forms and then measurements were taken from the sculpture and used to 3d model the goggles and other robotic parts that were then 3d printed and used to finish the android mask which was then 2part molded in stone and cast in neoprene rubber. 

This was a 90 day build, I'm sure I missed a ton of interesting detail that anyone can check out thru our build log on insta @ KARRVER

Post edited by mikey karrver on

Comments