A Twisted Cat in the Hat

Here for your consideration is my twisted take on the infamous Cat in the Hat! He has certainly lived a hard life, but hasn't lost his spunk one bit!

This version was a Hot-weather revisit of the character I came up with years ago for a group Halloween event seen here...

Wearing this around the Bristol Rennaisance Faire, in August, meant I had to ditch the long jacket, fur vest, long pants, and latex/fur gloves from the original version, but I am super happy with the results!  I definitely would have struggled to survive the 90 degree sunny day without the switch!

I also added a few layers of makeup and paint for details to the face makeup to emphasize the fun but freaky feral nature of this guy! The ears were latex, wire, and fur prosthetics I made and glued on with Pros-Aide and supported with magnets so I could remove the hat as needed and still keep the ears secure all day long.

Oh, and I can't forget the Things on my back!  Thing 1 and Thing 2 got a new backpack cage to cling onto to the delight and terror of everyone behind me! I feel bad for all the poor souls that got caught in their gaze!