Alice Through the Broken Glass

My dark take on Alice in Wonderland. Concept, prosthetics, costumes and props all homemade by me. Makeup applied by yours truly. This was for the 2023 Hawthorne Halloween ball in Salem, MA where we took home Best Ensemble. 

Comments

• Alexander HAlexander H ✭✭✭
    I love the dark, twisted take on these costumes. Especially the somewhat subtle details; the writing on Alice's shirt, the "You've been poisoned" in the mug, the way the Queen's hair is curled to look like roses, and the cobwebs on the aging rabbit.

How long did you spend designing/fabricating these costumes?
  • Wow, thank you so much! I appreciate you noticing the small details. I have worked on these on and off since 2020. Initially, I started Alice and the rabbit. When Covid hit and we knew we weren’t going back to Salem, I put them away for a bit. We decided to go back for 2023 so in 2022, I picked them back up and started adding details. Then, a couple friends said they were joining us and I was thrilled to add the mad hatter and queen of hearts in early 2023. After so many years and hours of work, it was amazing to see it come to life.