Fenrir the Puppet

This is the first puppet I made after following BJ Guyer's course on puppet making. I was inspired by my son's love of werewolves and named this one after the mythical Norse monster, Fenrir the Wolf. I made the head out of foam and sculpted the muzzle from polystyrene foam covered in fur. The nose, lips and mouth are made out of suede. The teeth were sculpted out of foam and covered in latex so they are rubbery and allow the mouth to close fully. The foam body is covered in two types of fur fabric. The ears are leather and fur fabric. Thank you for viewing.

Comments

• Oh he's fantastic!!! So much expression! I'm currently working on a baby werewolf I have named him Sköll after one of Fenrir's sons 
  • Thank you so much. Glad to hear his lineage will live on. LOL
  • Alexander HAlexander H ✭✭✭
    Casting the teeth from latex is a brilliant idea - not only does it aid in making the mouth fully closed, but it reduces damage done to the fabrics that might occur if the teeth were harder (like resin) and still pointed.
  • I appreciate that Alexander H. Puppet-making allows for a lot of experimentation. I enjoy innovating in the medium. Cheers!