The THING dog

Working on a life-sized build of the THING dog..molding it and casting it in resin with foam filling to keep it lightweight...only problem is having to cast the legs and head in resin which adds weight to the structure..for the first one it may not be a problem but i am going to try to cast the head in foam as well as the legs..the tentacles will be cast in resin due to the thinnest of them

Comments

• Awesome!

/Chris
  • Alexander HAlexander H ✭✭✭
    Is this the casted result? I would love to see how you went about making the molds! 
  • this is indeed..i have  Youtube channel where i post most of my work Karolina Kiwi Creation - YouTube
  • Wow, that must've been a lot of research by pausing the DVD and blowing up and printing out the shots plus thumbing through many Fangoria and other movie magazines? Great job! The details look accurate enough. The (1982) version is the best besides the (1951) picture. 
  • Tom Luca said:
    Wow, that must've been a lot of research by pausing the DVD and blowing up and printing out the shots plus thumbing through many Fangoria and other movie magazines? Great job! The details look accurate enough. The (1982) version is the best besides the (1951) picture. 
    It did require about 3 months of work..by far one of the largest projects i've done so far...and the fiberglass fire didn;t help much either ( had the wax catch fire inside one part of the mold when i was wax sealing it..the heat of the summer was BRUTAL)