What is this tool called?

Hi all, 
I'm having a little language problem and maybe someone can help. I'm looking for the name of the drill bit people use to drill half-spherical holes for keys in plaster. Since I don't know what it's called in either German or English, I was wondering if anyone could tell me what it's called in English so I can look it up in a dictionary. Thanks!


  • Hi Daniel,

    Not sure about the exact tool you are after, but to route/grind/drill a hemispherical indent you could use a round nose router bit, or a ball burr.

  • The tip I've seen used in the lessons so far is always a round router bit, it isn't even made for drills, it's a tip for a woodworking tool called vertical router, you can find it anywhere it's a very common tool.
Sign In or Register to comment.