Options

"Caribé Piranha Warrior" Bust Sculpt. Creature Competition 2024.

I found out about this competition a bit late (20th Feb)- but, I thought I would have a crack at it anyway. I thought I would sculpt a bust of a piranha-like, fish-man that I have named the "Caribé warrior" after various head hunting tribes from the Coasts and interior of South America. I keep altering the design so it doesn't resemble the Gill-man or others too much. Haven't done a sculpture since 1998 and never worked with polymer but, it seems great to work with so far, and I think I'm going to go with a colour scheme that resembles that of the red bellied piranha.
The most popular brand & colour (grey) of polymer was sold out but, this will have to do, hopefully I can get it detailed baked and painted before March 4th. I'll will update photos and hopefully video in the next week.
I'

Comments

• Options

• Options
    edited March 5
    I actually finished @ 11:55 pm - 4th March Los Angeles PST but the WiFi was playing up, so had to reset the router/modem & restart my phone.. & Didn't upload till 5 past midnight. So i don't know if that counts. I hope so.. I did a rush job with the painting, As the sculpting was challenging, although it's not how I'd wished it to look... but I haven't sculpted since the 90's, in school, so I'm still 70% happy with it. I should've started earlier... 😔 
  • Options

• Options

• Options
    Added stripes, looks better, I think 🤔.... but I dunno..